Tips To Keep Warm This Winter
We all know how cold Wisconsin gets in winter. It’s only a matter of time before bitter temperatures arrive. Mr. Holland’s Home Services has you covered and wants to make sure you and your family stay cozy all winter. Here are some tips to stay warm this upcoming season:
- If you have a furnace, replace the filter.
- Test all smoke and carbon monoxide detectors before the cold weather sets in.
- Keep attached garage doors closed as much as possible. Also, limit opening exterior doors.
- Keep the intake and exhaust clear of ice and snow. During these cold temperatures, ice can build up. The two white PVC pipes, an exhaust pipe, and an intake pipe are generally on the side or back of your home. In some instances, they’re on your roof. Do NOT go on your roof to clear the pipe.
- Use your curtains: Heat from the sun is free, so make the most of it. Open your curtains and let the sunlight in during the day to make use of the free heat. When it gets dark, shut your curtains, which act as another layer of insulation and keep warmth in your rooms.
- Move your sofa: It might feel great to have your favorite seat in front of the radiator, but it’s absorbing heat that could be warming your home. By moving it away from the radiator, hot air can circulate freely. The same goes for your curtains or drying clothes – keep them away from the radiator so you can get the most out of your heat source.
If you ever need service on your furnace, we’re here for you. Call (866) 992-1717 anytime.