The Rising Cost of Oil
With how fast-changing our economy is, it’s important to us as an HVAC, electrical, and plumbing company to notify our customers of changes happening and offer our best advice on how to go about these changes in relation to our industry.
Recently, there have been studies indicating that there may be an oil shortage along with the increase in oil prices. Oil is used in many of our customers’ homes. According to Forbes, OPEC has cut oil production, which has resulted in higher oil prices.
Here are a few things you can do to prepare for winter if you have an oil furnace:
- Change your furnace filter.
- Make sure your oil furnace is being maintained and schedule The World’s Greatest Tune-Up with Mr. Holland’s Home Services.
- Ask the technician to check the burner nozzle size and decrease if possible.
- Lower your thermostat by one to three degrees while at home.
- Lower your thermostat while not at home.
- Pre-buy your oil or get on an auto-fill program.
- Get the system serviced to ensure you’re not using more fuel than necessary.
Ready to schedule your oil furnace tune-up? Call Mr. Holland’s today at (866) 992-1717.