Must Know Power Outage Safety Tips
Spring is here which means an increase in power outages due to the storms we experience. No one likes to be without power which is why we want to make sure you are ready when a power outage occurs.
Here are some power outage safety tips:
- Stay a minimum of 25 feet away from downed power lines
- Report power lines that are down
- Keep your refrigerator and freezer doors closed
- Unplug or turn off your appliances
- Stay out of any flooded basements or rooms
- Use flashlights
When a power outage occurs in winter:
- Be sure to wear layers of warm clothing
- Let the sun in during the day and close blinds or drapes at night to retain heat
- Use a whole-home generator to power furnace
We have the best solution to ensure you don’t lose power in your home! We offer FREE quotes on whole-home generators! Our customers love them and we think you will love them too! Call Mr. Holland’s Home Services today (866) 992-1717 or visit https://www.mrhollandsheatingandair.com/contact-us/.