17 Tips On How To Save Money on Your Energy Bill
April 22nd is Earth Day and we aren’t planning on gatekeeping hot tips on how to save energy and you money! Here are 17 tips you don’t want to miss!
HVAC (Heating, Ventilating, Air-Conditioning)
- Change the air filters regularly for your furnace & air-conditioner
- Schedule a tune-up!
- Have your ductwork inspected and schedule a duct cleaning if you haven’t had one in a while. Our team provides video footage of what your ductwork looks like!
- Invest in a programmable thermostat
- Let the sun in! Take advantage of the warm sunny days and open your curtains
- Upgrade your HVAC system if it is old, making strange noises, and you’ve had to repair it numerous times. Newer systems today are much more efficient and will help you save some money in the long run!
- Dimmer switches to reduce energy consumption
- Consider switching all of your light fixtures to more efficient LED lights
- Turn off lights and fans when you leave the room
- Use smart power strips
- Unplug devices
- Put a timer on your light fixtures
- Make sure there are no pipes leaking
- Replace shower heads with a modern model
- Ensure your toilets don’t have any leaks
- If the handle on the toilet sticks, make sure it gets adjusted, replaced, or repair to avoid wasting water
- Lessen water usage
Mr. Holland’s Home Services wants to be sure your homes electrical, HVAC, and plumbing system are running efficienty at all times. Ready to schedule? Contact us today at (866) 992-1717 or by filling out our contact us form on our website https://www.mrhollandsheatingandair.com/contact-us/